Sunday, August 2, 2020
Top Favorite "THE WEST WING" Season Two (2000-2001) Episodes
Below is a list of my top favorite episodes from Season Two of NBC's "THE WEST WING". Created by Aaron Sorkin, the series starred Martin Sheen:
TOP FAVORITE "THE WEST WING" SEASON TWO (2000-2001) EPISODES
1. (2.01) "In the Shadow of Two Gunmen, Part I" - Following the shooting at the Rosslyn, Virginia town hall at the end of Season One, President Jed Bartlett is rushed to hospital. Meanwhile, West Wing staffers field questions on executive authority and the Secret Service protection measures. Flashbacks show how key staff members joined the Bartlet campaign.
2. (2.22) "Two Cathedrals" - A tropical storm approaches Washington D.C., while President Bartlett prepares to disclose to the American public that he has multiple sclerosis (MS). Meanwhile, he wrestles over a crisis in faith during the funeral of his secretary, Dolores Landringham; and his decision over whether to seek re-election.
3. (2.10) "Noël" - Deputy Chief of Staff Josh Lyman is ordered to seek psychiatric help during the Christmas holidays, when his post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) over being shot during the Rosslyn incident causes him to become increasingly volatile.
4. (2.20) "The Falls Gonna Kill You" - White House Counsel Oliver Babish questions Press Secretary C.J. Gregg and First Lady Abbey Bartlett about the President's MS cover-up. Also, the staff begins to develop a strategy to deal with the impending MS crisis.
5. (2.18) "17 People" - White House Communications Director "Toby" Ziegler finally learns about Bartlett's multiple sclerosis, becoming the 17th person to know. While he and the President have a heated argument over the matter, the rest of the staff struggle to punch up the President's speech for the White House Correspondents' Dinner.