Thursday, October 5, 2017
Five Favorite Episodes of "THE MUSKETEERS" Season Two (2015)
Below is a list of my five favorite episodes from Season Two of "THE MUSKETEERS", the BBC's historical action-drama based on Alexandre Dumas, père's 1844 novel. Created by Adrian Hodges, the series stars Tom Burke, Santiago Cabrera, Howard Charles and Luke Pasqualino:
FIVE FAVORITE EPISODES OF "THE MUSKETEERS" SEASON TWO (2015)
1. (2.07) "A Marriage of Inconvenience" - In this episode, France's premier minister and former spy, Comte de Rochefort, uses an assassin to kill of members of King Louis XIII's council and advance his position at court; while he learns the truth about Queen Anne's past relationship with Musketeer Aramis.
2. (2.10) "Trial and Punishment" - In the season finale, Musketeers Athos and d'Artagnan rescue Constance from the executioner's sword; and with Treville they help Porthos to capture the Spanish spymaster Vargas. Meanwhile, Louis has signed Anne's death warrant, leading to a confrontation between Rochefort and the Musketeers.
3. (2.02) "An Ordinary Man" - Wanting to experience the life of an ordinary citizen, the King Louis accompanies the Musketeers on the streets of Paris . . . before he and Musketeer d'Artagnan are kidnapped by slave traders.
4. (2.09) "The Accused" - After being rebuffed by the Queen, Rochefort produces a fake letter from her to her brother, the King of Spain, in an effort to frame her for treason. Meanwhile; the royal physician, Dr. Lemay and the Queen's aide, Constance Bonacieux; are implicated in an attempt to poison the King.
5. (2.03) "The Good Traitor" - An ex-general from the Spanish army arrives in Paris to plead for help in rescuing his daughter, held by Spanish agents in Paris; in exchange for a coded formula and cypher machine of a deadly new gunpowder that the Spanish also want.