Wednesday, November 4, 2015
Five Favorite Episodes of "THE ASTRONAUT WIVES CLUB" (2015)
Below is a list of my five favorite episodes of ABC's limited series, "THE ASTRONAUT WIVES CLUB". Based upon Lily Koppel's 2013 book, the series was developed by Stephanie Savage.
FIVE FAVORITE EPISODES OF "THE ASTRONAUT WIVES CLUB" (2015)
1. (1.08) "Abort" - Betty Grissom is forced to deal with the grim reality of the death of her husband, Virgil "Gus" Grissom, as she prepares to openly question the circumstances regarding his pre-launch test for Apollo 1 mission.
2. (1.05) "Flashpoint" - Trudy Cooper discovers that NASA senior officials are making an effort to quash a burgeoning astronaut program for women.
3. (1.07) "Rendezvous" - Following the success of the Gemini program, the Apollo program is launched and the pressure on the astronaut wives grows. Meanwhile, Marilyn Lovell struggles to conceal a pregnancy on the eve of her husband James "Jim" Lovell's Gemini 12 mission.
4. (1.04) "Liftoff" - The Mercury program families begin new lives in Houston on the eve of the Cuban Missile Crisis. The period also features the arrival of the Gemini program families. Marge and Deke Slayton deal with the latter's grounded status, while Trudy and Gordo's tense relationship begins to thaw.
5. (1.02) "Protocol" - While Louise and Alan Shepard bask in the success of his Freedom 7 flight, Betty Grissom preps for Gus' first flight and turns to Louise for advice. Meanwhile, Annie Glenn struggles with the idea of facing the media with her stutter, in the wake of husband John Glenn's Mercury-Atlas 6 mission.