Thursday, October 2, 2014
Top Ten Favorite "HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER" (2005-2014) Episodes
Below is a list of my top ten (10) favorite episodes of the CBS series, "HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER" (2005-2014). Created by Craig Thomas and Carter Bays, the series starred Josh Radnor, Jason Segel, Cobie Smulders, Neil Patrick Harris and Alyson Hannigan:
TOP TEN FAVORITE "HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER" (2005-2014) EPISODES
1. (5.22) "Robots vs. Wrestlers" - This hilarious episode features Ted Mosby at his most pretentious, when he and his friends crash a high-society party. Later, the others attend a Robots vs. Wrestlers event.
2. (2.09) "Slap Bet" - Barney Stinson discovers Robin Scherbatsky's secret behind her aversion to malls. His discovery leads to the infamous slap bet between him and Marshall Eriksen.
3. (4.09) "The Naked Man" - Ted walks into the apartment he shares with Robin and finds her date naked on the couch. The date reveals a new dating technique that may revolutionize dating for the group.
4. (2.05) "The Greatest Couple" - Lily Aldrin moves into Barney's apartment, when he uses her to drive away needy dates.
5. (7.03) "Ducky Tie" - Ted encounters his old girlfriend Victoria and tries to make amends with her. Meanwhile, Lily and husband Marshall Eriksen make a bet with Barney that could force him to wear Marshall's ducky tie.
6. (3.08) "Spoiler Alert" - An annoying habit in Ted's new girlfriend causes the group to point out their own bad habits, previously unnoticed by them.
7. (2.21) "Something Borrowed" - Nothing goes as planned when Lily and Marshall's wedding day finally arrives.
8. (1.22) "Come On" - Ted decides to seriously pursue Robin, instead of a date arranged for him by a matchmaking service. Meanwhile, Marshall is stunned by Lily's decision to break their engagement and leave him for an art fellowship in San Francisco.
9. (6.04) "Subway Wars" - The group race each other through the streets of New York to a restaurant where Woody Allen was spotted by a friend.
10. (8.23) "Something Old" - Robin desperately tries to locate the antique locket that she had buried in Central Park at the age of 15, to wear as her "Something Old" for her wedding to Barney.
Honorable Mentioned: (9.16) "How Your Mother Met Me" - This poignant episode recounted the eight years in the life of Tracy McConnell aka "The Mother", before she met Ted at Farhampton.