Below is a list of my favorite movies released during the 1980s:
FAVORITE MOVIES OF THE 1980s
1. "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" (1984) - In my favorite INDIANA JONES movie of all time, archeologist Indiana Jones and his two companions - singer Willie Scott and Short Round - stumble upon a Thugee cult and the sacred Sankara stones in 1935 India. Harrison Ford, Kate Capshaw, Jonathan Ke Quan and Amrish Puri starred.
2. "Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back" (1980) - The three heroes of the 1977 film are pursued across the galaxy by Sith Lord, Darth Vader, while the Rebel Alliance suffer a military setback. Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher and Billy Dee Williams starred.
3. "The Living Daylights" (1987) - Timothy Dalton made his debut as James Bond in one of my top five films featuring the British agent. In it, he investigates a rogue Soviet general with ties to an American arms dealer. Maryam D'Abo, Joe Don Baker and Jeroen Krabbe co-starred.
4. "Raiders of the Lost Ark" (1981) - In the first INDIANA JONES adventure, the intrepid archeologist race against Nazis and his French rival to find the famed Ark of the Covenant in 1936 Egypt. Harrison Ford, Karen Allen, Paul Freeman, Wolf Kahler , Ronald Lacey and Denholm Elliot starred.
5. "Dangerous Liaisons" (1988) - Glenn Close, John Malkovich and Michelle Pfieffer starred in the Oscar-winning adaptation of Pierre Choderlos de Laclos' novel about sexual manipulations and politics in 18th century France. Uma Thurman, Keanu Reeves and Swoozie Kurtz co-starred.
6. "For Your Eyes Only" (1981) - Roger Moore starred in one of my favorite James Bond movies about the British agent's efforts to find a missing Royal Navy missile command system before it falls into the hands of the Soviets. Carole Bouquet, Topol and Julian Glover co-starred.
7. "Back to the Future: Part II" (1989) - While helping Doctor Emmett Brown save his family in 2015, teenager Marty McFly causes an alternate timeline, forcing him and the good doctor to travel back to 1955 to repair the timeline. Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd starred.
8. "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" (1988) - Robert Zemeckis directed this combination of live action and animation about a 1947 Los Angeles gumshoe who tries to help an animated rabbit and cartoon star be absolved of murder charges. Bob Hoskins, Christopher Lloyd, Joanna Cassidy and the voices of Charles Fleischer and Kathleen Turner starred.
9. "Back to the Future" (1985) - Robert Zemeckis directed this time travel tale about a California teenager, who travels back in time in a DeLorean and nearly disrupts his parents' romance in 1955. Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd starred.
10. "Big Business" (1988) - Bette Midler and Lily Tomlin starred in this funny tale about two pairs of identical female twins that were mixed up as newborns; with one pair ending in a wealthy Manhattan family and the other in a poor rural West Virginia family. Edward Herrman, Fred Ward, Daniel Gerroll, and Michele Placido co-starred.