Below is a list of my top twenty(20) favorite movies of the decade between 2000-2009:
TOP TWENTY FAVORITE MOVIES OF THE DECADE (2000-2009)
1. "Casino Royale" (2006) - In this adaptation of Ian Fleming's first novel, James Bond must stop Le Chiffre, a banker to the world's terrorist organizations, from winning a high-stakes poker tournament.
2. "Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones" (2002) - Anakin Skywalker shares a forbidden romance with Senator Padmé Amidala; while his teacher, Obi-Wan Kenobi, makes an investigation of a separatist assassination attempt on Padmé, which leads to the discovery of a secret Republican clone army.
3. "Speed Racer" (2008) - In this adaptation of the famous Animie 1960s cartoon, Speed Racer is a young man with natural racing instincts who determined to become one of the top racers, while dealing with the ghost of his dead older brother.
4. "American Gangster" (2007) - In 1970s New Jersey, Detective Ritchie Roberts works to bring down the drug empire of Frank Lucas, a heroin kingpin from Manhattan, who is smuggling the drug into the country from the Far East.
5. "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" (2006) - In this second movie of the PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN franchise, Jack Sparrow races to recover the heart of Davy Jones to avoid enslaving his soul to Jones' service, as other friends and foes seek the heart for their own agenda as well.
6. "Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith" (2005) - After three years of fighting in the Clone Wars, Anakin Skywalker concludes his journey towards the Dark Side of the Force, putting his friendship with Obi Wan Kenobi and his marriage at risk.
7. "Brokeback Mountain" (2005) - In this adaptation of Annie Proulx's story, a forbidden and secretive romance develop between two cowboys over nearly two decades.
8. "Public Enemies" (2009) - FBI agents led by Melvin Purvis try to take down notorious American gangster John Dillinger; along with the likes of Baby Face Nelson and Pretty Boy Floyd during a booming crime wave in the 1930s.
9. "Munich" (2005) - Based on the true story of the Black September aftermath of the 1972 Olympic Games, five men are chosen by Mossad to eliminate the ones responsible for that fateful day.
10. "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" (2004) - In this adaptation of J.K. Rowling's novel; it is Harry Potter's third year at Hogwarts and he has to deal with an escaped convict from the wizards' prison, Azakaban; who might be after Harry.
11. "Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Rings" (2001) - In this adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkien's novel, a young Hobbit named Frodo becomes entrusted with an ancient Ring. Now he must embark on an Epic quest to the Cracks of Doom in order to destroy it.
12. "Batman Begins" (2005) - This is the story of how Bruce Wayne became Batman and his conflicts with the police and a mysterious vigilante named Ra's Al Ghul.
13. "Cold Mountain" - In the waning days of the American Civil War, a wounded Confederate soldier embarks on a perilous journey back home to Cold Mountain, North Carolina to reunite with his sweetheart. Based upon Charles Fraizer's novel.
14. "Terminator Salvation" (2009) - After Skynet has destroyed much of humanity in a nuclear holocaust, a group of survivors led by John Connor struggles to keep the machines from finishing the job.
15. "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" (2000) - Two warriors in pursuit of a stolen sword and a notorious fugitive are led to an impetuous, physically-skilled, nobleman's teenage daughter; who is at a crossroads in her life.
16. "Infamous" (2006) - While researching his book "In Cold Blood", writer Truman Capote develops a close relationship with Perry Smith, one of the convicted murderers.
17. "Changeling" (2008) - A grief-stricken mother in 1928 Los Angeles takes on the local police to her own detriment; when it stubbornly tries to pass off an obvious impostor as her missing child, while also refusing to give up hope that she will find him one day.
18. "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl" (2003) - In the first of the PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN movies, blacksmith Will Turner teams up with eccentric pirate "Captain" Jack Sparrow to save his love, the governor's daughter, from Jack's former pirate allies, who are now undead.
19. "Dreamgirls" (2006) - Based on the award winning Broadway musical, a trio of black female soul singers cross over to the pop charts in the 1960's.
20. "The Cat's Meow" (2001) - Semi-true story of a Hollywood death that occurred at a star-studded gathering aboard William Randolph Hearst's yacht in 1924.